Estate planning should focus on your values and reflect what matters most to you. It should provide the legal mechanism for distributing property upon death in a way that recognizes your wishes and the needs of your survivors. It can also involve planning for the handling of affairs in case of disability, incapacity, and the deeply personal medical choices to be made as life nears its end.
Planning can also include reducing or eliminating uncertainty over administration of probate; minimizing gift estate, generation skipping transfer, and income tax; and maximizing the value of the estate by reducing taxes and other expenses.
Your specific plan is determined by your unique goals and may be as simple or complex as your needs dictate. Here are ways we can assist you:
- Provide order to your financial affairs
- Discuss your goals for the disposition of assets
- Plan for subsequent generations and charities to benefit from your legacy
- Review the titling of your assets
- Review beneficiary designations for assets that will pass outside of probate
- Analyze tax planning strategies
- Assess strategies to simplify estate settlement
- Assist you with coordination of your financial plan with other advisors
It is our goal to help you protect your legacy and transfer assets effectively and efficiently.
Contact us to go through a simplified checklist to initiate estate planning.
Strategic Wealth Partners and LPL Financial do not provided legal advice or services.
LPL Financial Representatives offer access to Trust Services through The Private Trust Company N.A., an affiliate of LPL Financial.